Please Read This! You must agree to our Terms of Service in order to sign up for an account.
- SMNET dial-up accounts are single user accounts. Only one computer may be logged into SMNET at any given time, under a given username. Multiple concurrent logins are strictly prohibited.
- Dial-up accounts are for use with a computer modem only. If you require ISDN access, let us know and we will set up ISDN access for you. Using a standard dial-up account for ISDN access is prohibited.
- Using a personal account for high volume or commercial use is prohibited. The service is intended for periodic, active use of email, newsgroups, file transfers, Internet chat, games, and browsing the World Wide Web. Users may stay connected so long as they are actively using that connection for the above purposes.
- There is a 20 minute idle time disconnect built into our system. Using any automatic process to keep your connection to SMNET alive is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to automatic email checking, pinging software or any other process that prevents disconnection after the specified idle time.
- Smoky Mountain Internet will not be responsible for any telephone charges you may incur while using our system. It is your responsibility to ensure that the phone number for our service is a local call to you.
- Email SPAM is strictly prohibited. SPAM is the sending of any bulk, unsolicited email. Any violation of this rule will be grounds for immediate termination of your account.
- Accounts that are paid by monthly invoice must be paid by your anniversary date each month or they will automatically be terminated the following morning. A $25 reconnect fee and any past due charges will be required before re-connection.
- SMNET grants you the right to use our service subject to our Acceptable Use Policy, which can be found at http://www.smnet.net/aup.html. By using our service you agree to be bound by the conditions of this policy.
Violation of any of the above may result in termination of your account without any further notice. You will also be responsible for any monetary charges that may be incurred because of the violation.
I have read and fully understand the above terms of service.